We Know God’s Truth Through Consideration

by kingteamdad

Carefully consider the path for your feet, and all your ways will be established.” (Proverbs 4:26 HCSB)

Rambling’s from Lacy’s dad There is something to be said these days for having a hard copy of a real map. Our car has the newest GPS with real time traffic. When I plug in an address, it takes into consideration the traffic, toll roads, ferry’s (and I think even my astrological sign) and plots the fastest course. It works great 98% of the time. It see’s an accident or construction slow down, and helps us avoid it. The other 2% of the time, it’s possessed because it will try and take me to Albany instead of Alpharetta! It will ask me to turn, turn again, turn a third time, only to be back on the same street, heading in the same direction I was three turns ago! I almost feel like there is some guy in a control room somewhere, saying to his buddy, “Hey, watch this!”

An authentic map shows all the different streets, roads, and highways. You can see where you are, where you want to go, and then choose the scenic route, or the fastest route. It will show you if its a secondary road, or a major highway. It will show you the towns you pass through, and roughly how big they are. But does it tell you which route has the least construction? No. You will have to find that out as you go.

We choose a path in life, hopefully with God’s prodding, and then start down it. We know where we are wanting to end up, but we don’t know what lies between here and there. God see’s all of life’s traffic, kinda like my GPS. Fortunately, He is correct 101% of the time. He see’s the bridge out ahead, and re-routes us. He even sees the accident ahead, that hasn’t happened yet, that we would be in, and re-routes us or slows us down with a flat tire.

God’ Word is the same way. As we read through it, it lays out a course for us. It tells us how we should act as we travel on our journey. It even tells us what we might encounter, and how we should respond. It is up to us to follow the directions, so we don’t find ourselves lost….

Peru 2008 342

..since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. (Romans 1:19-20)

Advertisements