Offering Yourself To God Is What Worship Is All About
Ramblings from Lacy’s dad – Today is my dad’s birthday. If he were still alive he would be 90. He was an unassuming man. We knew he loved us because he worked hard 6 days a week to provide for mom and my three sisters and I. He was a man of few words, preferring mom to do the talking. :). When called on at church though, he prayed the sweetest, humble, sincere prayers.
You could tell he knew his “Father”! Because he knew Him, he trusted Him. because he trusted Him, he had surrendered to Him.
The final 14+ years of his life he was forced to endure the effects of Parkinson’s, that was hard on everybody. My dad’s sweet humble spirit through that dark time was inspiring. He never stopped loving God. I think he embraced Him more everyday of those 14 difficult years.
I am confident I will see him again. I am thankful when I do, he will be in a new body!
Happy birthday Dad, I love you!
- God says He loves you (Psalm 145:9)
- God cares about every detail of your life (Matthew 10:30)
- God gave you the capacity to enjoy all kinds of pleasure (1 Timothy 6:17)
- God has good plans for your life (Jeremiah 29:11)
- God forgives you (Psalm 86:5)
- God is patient with you (Psalm 145:8)
- God sacrificed his Son for you (Romans 5:8)